Dancing

Dancing
Click Here for, DANCING WITH THE WILD BEAST, diary among friends of the Mozambique Bush

Hard Nosed Big Game Hounds

Hard Nosed Big Game Hounds
Click the pic for "The hard Nosed Pack"

Luwire Photographic Safaris

Luwire Photographic Safaris
Looking across the Lugenda from one of the camps

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Remembering Charles Moore

I remember meeting Charles a few years back in the town I now live, which happened to be where Charles grew up. He told me about his first part time job, developing film for a small photo shop here in Tuscumbia and how the whole Civil Rights thing happened for him. I've missed his face and voice ever since he had to move to Florida because of his health. He was a true Southern Gentleman through and through. Charles was never cross, always unruffled, relentlessly gentle. He was always entertaining with stories from his life like photographing Jackie Gleason, Rachel Welch and his adventures in Viet Nam photographing for Playboy Magazine. He was and always will be one very unique soul to me and my wife Sandi. One of my most poignant regrets is to have not spent more time with him, listening to his stories and basking in his wonderful spirit. Here is a photo Charles took of Sandi and I while on a shoot for Billy Reid, you can see his shadow in the forground, makes it that much more special. Charles was in very good spirits that day telling jokes and stories. Good Memories! Thanks Charles, we all miss you very much and I will always remember how you loved this country and stood up for what you believed.  Your Friend Audwin

No comments:

Copyright Notice

COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Audwin McGee and Sons of Savages (www.sonsofsavages.com), 2008-2009-2010-2011,2012,2013,2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sons of Savages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

About Me

My photo
I’m a Southern Boy, just 56 last November, I get around here and there, Central America, Africa, Red Bay. I’m a Father, Grandfather, Husband, Artist and general flunky of sorts. Live in a little historic town in an old building I remodeled. Just wanted to hear myself think I guess, talk about the need of simplification, show some art, express an interest or two, brag on my dogs and see where it goes. That’s it!, That’s the deal, Thanks