Dancing

Dancing
Click Here for, DANCING WITH THE WILD BEAST, diary among friends of the Mozambique Bush

Hard Nosed Big Game Hounds

Hard Nosed Big Game Hounds
Click the pic for "The hard Nosed Pack"

Luwire Photographic Safaris

Luwire Photographic Safaris
Looking across the Lugenda from one of the camps

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Admiration for a Semi-Hermit in Tasmania

John Hounslow, another one from the "Son of Savages" lineage. Tracing my family back I learned that we came from Scotland. Sailed to the States in a wooden ship and landed somewhere in what is now the Carolinas. The "McGee," decendent that wed a Cherokee Indian Lady that gave the world my grandfathers that gave the world me, owned a trading post in North Georgia, minted his own coins and fathered two sons, one of which was my great great great Grandfather, another man I hate I couldn't meet. Always, somewhere in me I feel an affinity towards self sufficient beings inhabiting a more pure life lived in the Outdoors. My hat is off to those that find that happy medium these days. Especially in a world that actually forces us to leave the Outdoor Life behind. My Hat is especially off to John Hounslow carry on Sir. AP

















4 comments:

Johnmac said...

A great man love the bath tub...

johnmac said...

His knives are a true work of art, I love the patina the way the metals interact together.

Tavarua said...

Another one - Great

Brett Svatek said...

In the tub...what a blissful life.

Copyright Notice

COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Audwin McGee and Sons of Savages (www.sonsofsavages.com), 2008-2009-2010-2011,2012,2013,2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sons of Savages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

About Me

My photo
I’m a Southern Boy, just 56 last November, I get around here and there, Central America, Africa, Red Bay. I’m a Father, Grandfather, Husband, Artist and general flunky of sorts. Live in a little historic town in an old building I remodeled. Just wanted to hear myself think I guess, talk about the need of simplification, show some art, express an interest or two, brag on my dogs and see where it goes. That’s it!, That’s the deal, Thanks